Content: Account Executive
MC2 is looking for an experienced PR and marketing account executive to join its growing Content team.
Life at MC2
To be part of MC2 you need to be good. And we want you to be the best version of yourself that you can be. Through our internationally recognised ‘University of Life’ we’ll give you the skills and expertise to make it happen.
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the finest talent in the industry, planning and implementing campaigns, and putting together strategies that will actually make a difference as well as socialising, planning events and liaising with the media.
Even our benefits are designed to help you grow. Our people can choose from a range of social activities tailored to suit their needs from yoga and emotional health and well-being to book clubs and arena tickets.
Day to day responsibilities include
- Gain a deep understanding of clients’ vision, strategy and the areas in which they operate
- Work closely with senior team members and clients to establish a clear brief before embarking on a job
- Take responsibility for researching, writing and gaining approval of all types of written content, such as blogs, emailers, press releases, features, thought leadership articles, interviews and social media posts
- Liaise and build relationships with journalists, influencers and other key contacts such as photographers – for example to arrange meetings, sell in articles or feature ideas, enquire about current media opportunities, respond to requests in a prompt manner and arrange photo shoots
- Organise and attend events with the support of account managers, such as press trips, food and drinks sampling, office or store openings and networking functions.
- Work closely with account managers to and develop parts of the accounts you can manage
- Provide essential administrative support to the team to ensure all ongoing work, results and upcoming activity is recorded in the correct way and is easily accessible for the team
- Research information to support new business pitches and existing clients, such as advertising costs, competition costs, speaker opportunities, networking events, awards, profile opportunities, forward features and relevant social influencers
- Attending relevant networking events and contribute to the organisation and running of agency-wide events held by MC2.
Skills and experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident, enthusiastic and proactive manner
- Results-driven with a creative thought process
- Proactive self-starter who takes responsibility for your own workload and actions
- Ability to anticipate what will be required of you
- Ambition to learn and grow
- Committed to excellence with a passion for marketing and media relations
- Organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
How to apply
If this appeals to you, please send your CV and covering letter to Sarah, quoting the reference AECW in the subject line.Back to careers